You can make one small change to your online site and see your opt-in requests skyrocket! This is the most popular way to build an email list.
We work hard to drive traffic to our online site. When people get there we want to make sure that we capture their information and build a relationship of trust so that eventually they will want to do business with us. We want to build our email list so we can keep in touch with prospective clients.
There is an Internet Marketing Formula just for this:
- Building Your List. You can’t produce an opt-in subscriber until you have a list to add them to. So get your auto-responder set up.
- Enticement. There was a time when just having an opt-in was enough. That time is gone. In order to get people to join your list, you must give them some compelling reason to do so.
- Visibility. Having an opt-in and having a compelling enticement alone won’t get it done either. Your site visitors need to KNOW that you have an opt-in for them and they need to KNOW that there is some really good reason for them to care about giving over their information.
That’s really the basics of how you get an opt-in for your list and relationship building to start taking place.
That’s how you get a subscriber on your list.
- You need an opt-in page or box.
- You need a compelling enticement.
- And you need your targeted people to see both.
So in exchange for this gift, or ethical persuasion, they are giving us their information and permission to market to them, which means you are building that relationship to maintain.
The importance of your giveaway gift:
- Build your email list.
- Enhance your credibility – establishing you as more of an expert.
- Tell your story and build your brand.
- Help people – you are sharing valuable information.
- Create a call to action to move people through your marketing funnel.
*Your marketing funnel is used to first capture their information with your free offer, to offering products and services to them to your ultimate signature program or coaching services.
3 Common and Effective Strategies for Producing Opt-Ins Offers
While there are a LOT of different methods, there are three very common strategies…
- Opt-In Box. The simplest of strategies is to place your opt-in box somewhere at the top right side of your blog, or website, and hope people will click on it for additional training or information.
- Opt-In Page. Many people have a simple sign-up web page to direct people to their offer. The hope is to get the attention of a visitor to their site and get them to join. The links to these opt-in pages (or sales pages) are usually placed in your article bios, email signatures, and offline marketing pieces.
- Pop-up message. A third basic strategy for getting your site visitors to join a list is to use a pop-up opt-in – the idea is to put up a small separate message that can’t be missed by the visitor.
I’ve tried all of those. And I’ve done well with each of them. I look forward to hearing your successes and questions…