Today let’s talk about how to increase website ranking and get free traffic from the search engines.
I first learned how to rank a website on Yahoo and Alta Vista, and how to rank websites on Google never even crossed my mind at the time. Google was just a funny sounding word back then. Little did I know they would become the search engine kings.
Since then the world and I have taken them more seriously of course, and since learning how to increase website ranking on Google, Yahoo, and Bing, I’m getting up to 1,000 visitors a day, and I’m talking about unique and targeted visitors to my website.
Getting high search engine rankings is fun, but with the changes over the last few years in the way that Google search works, it has become a challenge to keep up. There’s nothing like a good challenge to keep things interesting is there?
Besides that, top search engine ranking and all of those visitors means a good page rank and Alexa rank. When you really learn what you’re doing this can turn into money daily into your online payment systems.
Tips On Getting Free Search Engine Traffic
Let’s give you a few tips on how to increase website ranking for free search traffic.
- Google and other search engines like it when your website visitors take action on your website. The longer you keep them there the better. Clicking on a “like” button is an action. Scrolling down to the lower part of your page is an action. Subscribing to your newsletter is an “Action” that Google, Yahoo, and Bing really like!
- Leaving one of your pages and going to another page within your website is an action, and this can be accomplished by using links in your blogs posts that lead from there, to another page within.
- When I first was wondering how to rank my website on Google I found that videos work well. Some people would rather watch a video than read a blog post. Videos keep people on your website longer. Videos under 3 minutes long seems to work well for this purpose.
- Another tip for top search engine ranking would be to have backlinks coming in from what Google sees as “authority sites”. These websites are experts in the eyes of the search engine giant and if they link from their website to yours, then your website in turn becomes more important simply by association.
- You want to get as many “backlinks” as possible, but the one thing to make sure of is that they happen in a natural manner and the number of links builds up over a period of time. If you hire someone to do your backlinking work for you, Google may penalize you.
- Having links come in from Social websites like Facebook and Twitter is another way to get free visitors. This free traffic would be from the links themselves, and from the increased SEO rank!
Learning how to get top search engine rankings helps you get the word out about what it is that you do, no matter what it is that you’re doing.
If you’re a hobby blogger, more people will hear your words. If you’re an internet marketer, you’ll make more sales. Build the strength up over a period of time and your blog will do well over the long haul.
Getting a website to the top position of search engines isn’t that hard to learn. Just be patient, take things slowly, and do the work yourself!