Introduction: what is ecommerce
Before I try to explain to you what is ecommerce, I want to define one thing: it doesn’t matter if your ecommerce has born from an existing store or it is a brand new one. In both cases, it would be necessary to re-think and re-shape the structure from ground:
- The resources you’re going to need during the different moments of development of the project (financing, Human resources, Offices, Suppliers, communication internationalization, logistics, technology, partnerships…);
- Its structure (who you’re going to sell to, how you’re going to do it, your costs structure, your pricing policy);
- Its scalability (plan of growth from different points of view, the necessary technology, the objective markets, the management and enlargement of your database..);
- The objectives and the key metrics (how much and when). The benefits, the cash flows, the sales objectives, the captured clients, the converted clients, etc…
What is ecommerce? It is more productive
A digital online business is usually more productive (when a business function is digitized in productivity, human resources, process digitalization) than a traditional or offline business. The speed of development and management is much higher and the investments required are often lower than in a traditional business. One of the essential requirements, when a business is started, is to conduct a market investigation to identify the competition:
- who makes it better
What is ecommerce? It can be differentiated and viralized
So we can differentiate our business from untapped advantages.
If we achieve a major competitive difference, it will be:
- easier and cheaper to launch
- better communication
- easier to develop promotional campaigns.
The Internet is like a book that tells the details of each of your competitors because everything is on the net. Different business, novel, breakdowns (with what exists so far) get the virality of their customers, suppliers, media and opinion leaders. This virality, from producing, can save you great investments in marketing. Example: the iPhone, iPad,198, Waze, Toyota Prius.
What is ecommerce? The most valuable thing is communication
The most important for an electro shop store is communication with customers and therefore all channels should be open and operational, telephone lines (widely advertised mostly on the mobile sites), chats, video conferences (smart telephones case), email, tape or any of the instant messaging alternatives and of course and gaining increasing importance for the company’s profiles on social networks, and if any, to the communication tools of each of them, either direct messages or instant messaging (as in the case of Facebook).
Automated robots are performing customer – care functions and they learn to improve their function. They’re animated and Personalizable images. Although they were widely used by the great players, it is now more difficult to find them with the frequency they used to. You can find one of these exemptions (called Irene) on the Renfe Web site. The truthfulness and clarity are two key pillars when you don’t have your client in front.