4 Top Tips for Good Email Marketing

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit
Email

Email marketing is a great way to build relationships with your customers. Good communication can turn these readers into life-long customers that will become part of a loyal following.

Don’t spend too long talking about you. In marketing, as in life, people who spend to long talking about themselves put other people off.

How many times have you avoided the call of someone who just wants to tell you what they have been up to lately and has no interest in how you are? You are not alone. With this in mind your emails need to be engaging to the reader. Don’t just send them a list of all the things that you have been up to or have to offer them as they will either block your emails or un-subscribe.

Don’t bombard people with promotional stuff so you can make money. If you just keep hounding people to buy things then you will have people running for the hills. You will need to deliver people information that they can use, find helpful or will appreciate. If you really must sell people something then use the 80/20 split method. Meaning that no more of the sales element of the email should be 20% and the other 80% should be information and advice that provides the reader with real value.

Keep the information easy to read. Long paragraphs, fancy words and complex sentence structures can make the reader confused and will put them off. Keep it to small sections of content will be easy for people to read. You can even highlight parts in bold if you want to make it stand out, but don’t overdo it otherwise it will lose its impact.

The final copy might look disjointed but the main thing is that it is easy to read. Remember you are not trying to win awards with the way this will look, but deliver good content in a manner that is easy to digest.

If you are trying to get people to engage with you or perhaps sign up to a newsletter then use good call to actions (CTA). This lets people know that it is OK to email, call or sign up for more information about your services. ‘Sign up for a FREE newsletter’ is a great way to get people to enter in their email address which you can later use on re-marketing.

This should provide you with a foundation in Email marketing. There are plenty of other things that you can do in order to grow your business and many of them for free.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *